Managing chronic illness is a major part of the current home health care world. At least half of all home health patients are dealing with one or more chronic illnesses. At HealthFlex, we offer a comprehensive Chronic Disease Management program that is designed to involve our patients and their families in the process of recovery and care. We educate our patients and provide them with the tools they need to achieve a higher quality of life and greater degree of independence.
The program has three goals:
- Decrease hospitalizations
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment in the home
- Improve the overall quality of life of the patient
In order to achieve these goals, we provide the kind of outstanding support and care that patients with chronic and complex diseases require. We closely monitor their progress, maintain excellent communication with physicians and use cutting-edge therapies to help ensure our patients continually improve and stabilize their conditions.
How we can help you:
- Our clinicians are highly trained and certified in chronic care management and treatment
- We provide a patient-centered approach that engages patients to build trusting relationships
- We educate patients and families on how to manage their illnesses at home, and provide educational material that is tailored to their learning style, needs, and first language
- We’ll help you develop self-management skills so patients are more confident and can live a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle
- Maintain communication with patients’ physicians
- We provide a home safety assessment
- Our nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week